Monday, March 25, 2013

anchors aweigh -an itty mini album tutorial

I read somewhere that anchors are the next up and coming trend which reminds me of the little itty mini album I created for Scrappy Boutique using the Uncharted Waters Product Sampler kit. I absolutely love this kit. The extras are super fun and the papers were so easy to work with. If you want to see all the comes in the kit just check out their video of all of the contents.  
Now let's go make a mini album shall we?
First thing’s first is gathering your supplies.
            -album cover paper cut to 5 ½ x 12
            -3 papers cut to 5 x 7
            -embellishments of choice
            -adhesive of choice
            -scissors
            -bone folder (or a ruler works just as well)
            -score pad (or paper trimmer used for scoring)
           - sewing machine (don't worry if you don't have one, I'll show an alternative as well)

Next is to fold the 5x7 paper in half and set aside for a moment. Then score the 5 1/2 x 12 cover paper at 2 1/2", 6 1/4", 6 1/2" and again at 10 1/4" then fold on the score lines.
For the larger front pocket snip the corner off and then glue the bottom edge of the front pocket and the top and bottom edge of the back pocket.
Now off to the sewing machine we go.  
Assemble the 5x7 papers in the order you want and line them adding the Glassine baggie (if you are using the Product Sampler kit) and then sewing down the middle. 
If you do not have a sewing machine you can also hole punch the center and use ribbon to bind it together. Now that your album is all assembled it's time to add your personal touch with embellishments of your choice. 

I was afraid of my keepsakes falling out of the little baggie so I punched out two small flowers and used brads to attach them for the twine to wrap around. 

It’s itty and it’s mini but it can hold quite a bit. I hope you had fun making this little itty and please post a link in the comments to your creations so we all can see and oogle and ahhh over them.

2 comments:

Auntie Em said...

Jenn, this is the little mini albums you taught us how to make on SkrapNChat and I LOVE them!!! They are so easy to make and your's looks so sweet all made up with your fun kit.
I never thought of putting a little baggie in sideways. I make little vellum pockets with the opening at the top by doubling up the pages. I end up with two pockets so it can be a little bulky so that's why I use the vellum. I am going to have to get out some paper and make another one now. Thanks for sharing and hope you finally got a little sleep! :)

Elva said...

Wow! That is so cute! Great tutorial Thank you!