Wednesday, June 3, 2009

On The Road Again.....

Days 6 & 7

...Just can't wait to get on the road again
The life I love is makin' music with my friends
And I can't wait to get on the road again
On the road again
Goin' places that I've never been
Seein' things that I may never see again,
And I can't wait to get on the road again.

The drive home isn't as alluring as leaving to go somewhere, but it really was nice to be heading home and back into our routine. Maribel was a little more restless this time around but she managed to keep herself busy with her toys.


We originally wanted to stop in Savannah but as we drove on everyone was leaning more towards home instead. Anna and I were bummed but we both agreed to check it out in the fall.

We really needed to pee and we remembered that Pedroland aka "South of the Border" was in SC so we held on to stop there. Turns out that the place shuts down at 10p and we arrived there at 10:15p. Bummer. At least we were able to spend a penny and grab a couple of pics before departing again.

Adding "South of the Border" to our list of places to return to. Check!

We stopped for the night in South Carolina and got up early to begin our final day of driving and rest stops. And there were plenty of stops with Maribel's little bladder.

We arrived at home finally to a house of attention starved cats, a mountain of laundry that needs to be done, and a very full email account.
Ahhh to be home.

To sum our journey, I would have to say that I am definitely going to come back to DC and see more of the Smithsonian and the other "Memorials". It really is an amazing city chalked full of American history and natural beauty!

I will return and Vic is coming with me!

No comments: