Thursday, March 1, 2012

cozy center

Oh for the love of all things Pinterest I pinned this photo of a perfect reading room with all the books on display using the IKEA picture frame shelves. Soooo pretty and picture perfect…*sigh* and because of Pinterest I now have a micro mini version of it in M’s room. 
When we moved in to our new place I knew exactly what I wanted to do with this odd shaped space and just recently I finally got around to setting it up. It's no surprise that Maribel loves it. 
I tried calling it the Book Nook but Maribel corrects me every time with “No, it’s call a Cozy Center.” Pfft ‘scuuuse me. Who am I to argue? I guess it would make sense since she will throw all her pillow pets and a soft blanket and will lay in there reading, playing DS, watching Netflix via mommy’s Nook, even sleep. Yup, I’ve caught her in the middle of the night sneaking out of her bed to sleep in her new favourite little space.
Right now it’s holding her top favorites and I really like how it works great for keeping the library books separate from the rest of the collective. Maribel's school has this sweet program that for every book that a child reads they get to add a link in this super duper long paper chain. This chain runs up and down the school hallway and Maribel is so proud that she's added to it with the books that she's read so far. 


For her birthday she received a bean bag pillow for a more comfortable sitting spot. After all it's supposed to be a "cozy center" so why not make it cozy? I have plans to sew a cover for the bag. I just need to find a pattern, a really big pattern.


Can you believe it's March already??? Me neither since it also means that I will have to face some music...in the tune of Happy Birthday. It might be my 7th 29th birthday... I stopped counting.

No comments: