Sunday, February 6, 2011

love is in the air

I’m not sure why but I don’t really decorate for holidays except for Christmas and maybe Halloween but this year I have had the inspiration and urge to celebrate this month of Love. After all, pink is my favourite colour so why not enjoy it?

Maribel and I decorated the wooden XO letters together a couple weekends back. It’s so cute watching her create and concentrate on the project at hand and afterwards she’s always so proud of her finished project. She covered the ‘O’ in paint then helped me modge podge the glittered cardstock on top. It was for a fun photoshoot which you will see in the upcoming week.
The large red painting was a wedding gift from my late brother Michael. It's name is Red and I thought fits perfectly with the theme. I had hoped to be able to reuse the coffee filter garland I saved from M's birthday last year to string about but when I pulled them out of storage they were not salvageable. They were all smooshed and I'm sure I saw some evidence of life in one of the puff poms...GONE!!! *shiver*

Mmm...candy......
We’ve gone through a “few” of these bags already. One repeat trip I had Maribel in the cart and when she saw me adding a couple more bags to our purchase, she asked, “We’re getting more of these? Again?!?” My only reply was, “Nooo…. this is my first time buying these…ever…” Yes. I know I lied to my daughter and to the few patronages in the same department. *hanging my head in guilty shame* I had a feeling that might have been a dangerous adventure but thankfully I can only have a few at a time. It just happens to be at night time while watching tv with Joe. Hey, at least I share so that’s gotta count for something right? Right???

When creating this layout for SnC’s online crop I was overcome with emotion. Oh how I love these two and how much we’ve grown as a family. We’re always looking for ways to learn and grow and have fun. Being parents is a tough job but SO worth it. I wouldn’t trade it for anything. The photos are from a photobooth after watching Tangled in the theatres. One thing is for sure, we really are a bunch of goofey goobers and I LOVE it!!

>^..^<

2 comments:

Cathy W said...

Love it!

Vanessa said...

your layout is fabulous..the little photos and the large title=awesomeness!!

what a great look for valentines day!