Sunday, April 24, 2011

so bright, so glorious, so...wet

You know that old saying, be careful what you wish for because I might get it? Well I wished it would snow while we were in Edmonton and boy did they ever get it. All 15cm of it. Yeah, I received a few hate-mails for it but I didn't care. It's been 8 years since I last saw snow and this was Maribel's first.

Because this was Maribel's first real encounter with snow I was curious to see how she would react to it since I have some friends who's kids aren't fans of the white flakes themselves. My sister likes to call it the "Devil's Dandruff." But alas I'm not surprised to find that Miss M is rather fond of ye ole white stuff.

Yup. My little stinky winky L-O-V-E-S the snow. She begged to play in it every millisecond and eat it. After catching her nibbling on a few questionable snowballs I introduced her to the fun part of snow; icicles.
But now that I'm back I have to admit, I'm a little relieved that I don't have to shovel sidewalks anymore. I love the snow but it came back to me the not so fun side of it, wet pant legs and socks that always seem to find that puddle of melted snow in the foyer.
At least I got my fix until next year. I'm just not sure if Maribel can hold out that long since she's already asking to chew on some ice cubes because they taste like icicles.

>^..^<

No comments: