Saturday, April 10, 2010

skip the pollen, bring on the pixie dust!

It's been pouring down pollen like it's no one's business and my sinuses have been practicing the "YOU- SHALL-NOT-PASS" scene from The Lord of the Rings, so I popped some allergy medicine and we headed over to WDW Animal Kingdom. If I'm gunna suffer through this, I might as well have some fun while I'm at it.

We saw the Bug's Life show, uncovered some dinosaur bones and went on a Safari ride. Maribel loved it all but the Bug's Life show. It was a little loud and scary for her so we pepped things up by grabbing lunch and a little shopping. If course we couldn't leave the park before paying a visit to a certain someone special...

This was Maribel's way to rebel from standing in line for half an hour to see the Mouse. She was excited for 25 minutes of it but when she realized that we would have to actually make contact, she became little miss shy girl who had some Klingon's on the starboard bow. When you gotta boogie, you gotta boogie!

I hope your weekend was full of sunshine and Klingon free!

>^..^<

5 comments:

Kimmartha said...

We LOVE Animal Kingdom!!! The Bug's Life show is a hoot - my kids are older so they really enjoyed it. T tries to catch the "flying" bugs every time we go! Glad you had such good weather for such a fun day!

PS - Did M find any gold? haha!! LOVE the pic! (oops, pardon the pun - heehee!)

Kirsten said...

now that is an everyday life photo!!!

Lisa and DJ said...

Only you guys would be able to capture such an AWESOME photo. Totally made my day!

Dee said...

I so want to go back to Disney. We are hoping to go down next Spring if all goes well. We loved Animal Kingdom too.

Julie said...

I hear ya about the allergies! It is starting here, out East too.

I so envy you being able to just hop on over to Disney whenever.