Saturday, June 26, 2010

summer lovin'

Summer sure came in full force this year. We've been experiencing Hi 90's with lots of humidity and August is still yet to come. Aye yi yi!
So instead of hiding away indoors this summer, I thought it would be more fun to embrace the outdoors with some fun in the sun activities. Starting with the family favourite, the beach.
I couldn't resist these adorable beach molds seeing that in July we will be spending a week in Wrightsville Beach, North Carolina with the ocean at our every beckoning call. But of course will will have to break them in at our favourite, Cocoa Beach, first. Maribel already tans better then I do, so not fair!!
I saw this movie for the first time last year and loved it. I wondered how I never saw it sooner. And while there will be enough family there to play with M in the sand I will be able to sneak in some time to catch up on my reading. This has been on my reading list for awhile so what better time then while on vacay!! I don't know what it is about reading a good book while the ocean waves crash at my feet. It's so calming. So serene.

Other finds include:
*Fun beach towel: Found at Target
*Lip gloss: SPF 20 which I need or my lips burn. True story.
*Red nail polish: Red toes always look so pretty in sandals ;o)
*Straw floppy hat: No beach experience is complete without one of these floppy straw hats.

Happy Summer!

>^..^<

4 comments:

April C said...

I read that book a few years back when the movie came out. Its really good as is the movie!

Kimmartha said...

I read it several years ago - very emotional book. I enjoyed the movie too - it stayed quite true to the book. I got to read this weekend - 3 books! My favourite part of summer! Enjoy your time!

PamelaM said...

I think we should start a book club. I am reading "the memory keepers daughter".

I will have to add this one to my list!

Julie said...

I bet it is hot there! We love going to the beach in the summer.Enjoy:)