Sunday, July 18, 2010

here we go, take...

....uh well let's just say I've done this before but I'm ready to do it again because I know I can if I put my mind to it. And this time I want to do it.

I joined Weight Watchers. Again.

I really debated blogging about this because I wasn't sure if I wanted that added accountability but after much deep reflection I realized something. I need that added accountability. It's easy to lie to myself but I can't lie to others. Nope. Can't do it. I guess the turning point for me was this past week when I was driving home from picking Maribel up from the g-parents and it was literally uncomfortable to drive. Like, when I went to shoulder check it hurt my sides. It was a serious wake up call.

I know I need to set a better example for Maribel and not be a hypocrite when I tell her that she needs to eat her veggies while I shuffle them around on my plate. She has been picking up a lot of my bad habits lately and this is one that I really don't want her to follow me on.

So here's to the long journey to the skinny me that's inside me somewhere. I know she's in there somewhere. I've seen her before. Like, here...
This pic was taken in April of '06 when we brought my petite Bijou home. *tear* I was 60 lbs lighter and only 4 years younger then I am today. And petite Bijou was only 6 weeks old. Were we both ever so little?

And just for kicks...here's a 'Now' pic taken today, July 18th 2010.
....yeah. As you can probably see, we both need to shed a little, um....fluff?

So here we go. A new beginning to a new journey to a littler me. Wish me luck.

Today is Day 1 Week 1.
Mini Goal: Lose 11lbs
Lbs Lost: 0.

>^..^< 

9 comments:

Auntie Em said...

One day at a time, Jenn!!! {{{Hugs}}} :o)

Lisa and DJ said...

Jenn, I am so proud of you. It IS hard journey, but i promise it is soooo worth it. I *so* know that uncomfortable-seat-belt feeling and it sucks. You can do it!

Kirsten said...

Well, you know I am with you. It's a daily thing, and I am by your side, just in a different country. I shall support you as you have me. Together....well we will go for being beautiful bigger women to beautiful smaller people.

Suzanne said...

Jenn I've been a member of WW for 20 years! I know all too well the daily battle. The skills I've learned through WW have been so helpful...the program is great if you work it and you CAN do it! You GO girl! I'll be here to cheer you on.

Jen said...

I'm sooo proud of you!! I "started over" again today, but I have been PAYING to be off track for a couple months. UGH. Going to a meeting myself tonight. You can do it!! I know it!! Love you girl!! If you need encouragement, you know where to find me!!

April C said...

You look gorgeous in both pictures Jenn!!! You've re-inspired me by the way! http://livewelllaughoftenscrapmuch.blogspot.com/2010/07/going-from-chubba-chubba-to-hubba-hubba.html

Vanessa said...

I love that..shedding some fluff!
Way to go on joining WW..you can totally do it :-)
I like that you have mini goals too..I think I should try that..can I borrow your idea??
I'll be back to visit your blog and see how you are doing!

PamelaM said...

I am sooo proud of you Jenn. I plan on joining the weight loss wagon pretty soon. I think setting mini goals is the way to go and you should reward yourself with a little something when you reach it. I know you can do this. I am confident and we are here to help you along the weigh!

Julie said...

Well I think you look so pretty in both pics! I need to shed some weight also.Good luck with your WW.