Thursday, July 1, 2010

stick 'em up!


I almost completely given up using the old skool stickers on my pages but while cleaning out my craft closet I found my box of stickers. Or should I say the box found my face! Serves me right for thinking I could reach that high with out the stool. Being 5'1" has it's advantages, but reaching isn't one of them. I sifted through and seperated the ones that I knew Bel would like and then it hit me.....

What if I add a little glitz.....

And I could get the epoxy look with some Glossy Accents....

And of course I could always layer...

With some card stock and pop dots this baby just jumps right out...

Or there is always a simpler approach with a brad...

And of course layering the stickers with some pop dots for dimension might be fun...
mmm looks good enough to eat ;0)

Ooo what would it look like with some fuzz?

To make it a little easier I peeled the stickers off the backings and placed them directly on my Ranger craft mat so I could reface them to my hearts content without accidentally altering the rest of the bunch. The mat is super slick and my stickers and crafting mess peel right off no problem. I have heard of people using a silicone baking sheet as a craft mat in the same manor as a cheaper option. Gotta love the flexiblity of the crafting world. ;0) 

There are so many more ideas out there but I just wanted to show some of the many different ways to bring the old stickers up to code. All in all I just opened my world to new embellishment possibilities and I have to say that I will never look at a sticker the same ever again.

Have a great long weekend!
oh and P.S. They are also great for keeping brads in place and to prevent them from catching on the page protectors. Just thought I would share that after thought : D


>^..^<

2 comments:

PamelaM said...

Awesome ideas Jenn. My fave is the one you inked and used the pop dot.

PS - I suddenly have a craving for pizza.

Auntie Em said...

What a creative mind you have!!! Love the altered rescued stickers and who says Stickles are not worth their weight in gold???
Thanks for sharing your ideas! :o)