Saturday, July 10, 2010

a little inspired

I was shopping in one of my guilty pleasure stores and came across this necklace when I was getting ready to check out. Of course I couldn't justify spending top dollar on something that I could make for less so I took a mental note and checked out. I did give it a final glance back as I left the store but continued to exit as I knew what would be good for my wallet if I did.

Thanks to coupons and supplies I had on hand I managed to recreate the necklace for much less then the SRP. See?
And here I was debating whether to sell my beading supplies and be done with it since I hadn't made anything in a long while. psha! I guess this was someone's way to speak to me in the contrary.
I'm so happy I kept my supplies. Now what else can I make?

>^..^<

4 comments:

PamelaM said...

That is so nice. Such a smart cookie.

I always see things that I say I will make because I don't want to spend the money. I should just spend the money as I often don't. Love that you get it done and quickly.

Auntie Em said...

You are soooo talented! And BTW...I think your's is the bestest by far!!! I think the red beads are perfect on you! Two thumbs up!!! :o)

Lisa and DJ said...

stinkin' cute!

SJ said...

Fab necklace! It looks exactly like the original! You've inspired me to post some sort of beading project on my own blog at 'Accessorizing Rooms!' http://diydesignssj.blogspot.com/ ... now to come up with an idea ... haha