Sunday, August 1, 2010

you lose some you gain some

or in my case I did a little bit of both.

It wasn't until recently that I realized that I didn't give my first week's update on my weight loss journey. Oops. Vacations tend to bring on the forgetfulness. Especially beach vacations.

Well of course the first week is always a big loss and I was no exception. I lost 4.4 lbs by dutifully adding more fruits and vegetables into my meals and snacks and drinking a considerable amount less soda pop and more 'water'. I can't drink water straight up so I use those single serving mix ins. They really help me get my fluids in for the day. So woohoo for a big loss!

And now on to the 2nd week. dun dun duuuuuuuuuuun
Well you see, here's the thing. I went on a mini vacation to a family reunion at a beach house and everyone took turns cooking the dinners. Not every meal was, shall I say, point watcher friendly. I did my best considering that I forgot my scale and measuring cups at home. Of course. That would have been too much for me to remember them. Really too much. *rolling my eyes* But having said that as soon as we came back home I was back on the plan. Just because I had a few indulgent days doesn't mean I throw in the towel. Not yet. I'm in this though thick and thin.
Hopefully for thin. yuk yuk. *wiping away the tear*

I went to my meeting yesterday and lo and behold the scale said +.6 I wasn't surprised. It's a good thing I'm in it for the long haul or you'd have to stick a fork in me 'cause I would be done.
So bring. It. On.

Today is Day 1 Week 3.

Weekly Goal: Drink 2 servings of milk a day for at least 5 days
Mini Weight Goal: Lose 11lbs
Lbs Lost: -3.8

>^..^<

3 comments:

Lindsay said...

I shall join you in your journey, dear Jenn. So far I am -8.8lb in 2 weeks, took out all refined sugar and flour. So only whole grains if any carbs like that at all, no potatoes or pasta or desserts etc. I ain't gonna lie, I had a cupcake a couple days ago. :) I only drink water, milk and coffee (no way I can give that up). I'm doing Jillian Michaels' 30 Day Shred and doing some interval training on the treadmill. I'm sort of regular with it. (Today, for example, is day three of no exercising. Ughhh.) Anyway, I'm here with/for you.

Cheers -- TO THIN! *clinks glasses*

Suzanne said...

It's all good Jenn and a .6 gain is amazing after a vacation! It is essential to see this journey as a lifestyle and not as a diet or you will never be successful at losing and maintaining. What you did...enjoy a little trip and then jump back in to healthy eating as soon as you got back, is exactly the "lifestyle" you will need to adopt forever.

PamelaM said...

Way to go Jenn.

I plan on joining the journey also. I am not trying to make excuses but summer is not the time for me to start. I do not want to set myself up for failure. I don't like being in the heat outdoors. September and October are the months I spend the most time outside so I have decided September 1st will be my date.