Saturday, January 2, 2010

prepare & discover

I am repeating Ali Edwards "One Little Word" challenge from last year to choose a word that will be a focus or goal for the entire year. As I have given up on resolutions, I began to think about this new year and what word was going to be my focus. I couldn't decide between these two and since they kind of go hand in hand, why not have both?

Prepare

I really struggle with prep work. I know a lot of things need it, but seeing that procrastination seems to have a bit of a rep for being on the negative side, (or this would be my word every year *blush*) I have decided to take this bull by the horns!  I pray that I can conquer this, or at least gain some life experience that I can share with my posterity ;0) I feel like this is the year for change and so I should prepare what I can for when it comes.

Discover

This year Joe and I have decided to discover  Florida and check these crazy things and places out for ourselves in this book. I mean come on, where else are you able to put your car in park and have it roll UP the hill??? That's right, only in the Sunshine State.

There are also so many things that I have yet to discover and have put off fo so long and this is my year to do it. But first I must begin my preperations and plans so I can achive these goals!

Our top 5 places
1) St Augustine
2) Key West
3) Spook Hill, Lake Wales, FL
4) Swap Shop, Sunrise, FL
5) Dinosaur World, Plant City, FL
~*~

And with it being not only the first day of the year, but also the first of the month, which means new challenges over at SkrapnChat!!! Venture on over and take a gander. Your bound to find tons of inspiration to get those creative juices flowing!

I received my Ali Edwards winning from her Blog I'm still smiling about it =) and I love them so much that I used them as my inspiration for my layout below.





Here are the paintings. I can no sooner choose a favourite as I love them all <3


The designer is DanielleQ and I definitely seeing more of these in my near future. Check out her shop, aren't they delish?


Happy New Year!

>^..^<

3 comments:

Suzanne said...

I love your words and your art Jenn and just so you know, there's a hill in Utah that you can roll uphill! :)

Kirsten said...

An uphill roll? Hmmm.

I love your words, and I think you will be able to embrace them well.

Julie said...

I love your words also,and your layout is sweet! You can do that car thing right here in New Brunswick at Magnetic Hill also.