Sunday, January 31, 2010

a scrappy weekend

This weekend was SkrapnChat's 1yr Birthday Crop and even Maribel joined in the festivities. She was so excited to participate that she cut her paper into such teeny tiny pieces that it would have been impossible to use for anything else other then fluffing up a fragile mailing package. Sooooo we tried again. Only this time I gave her one rule, no cutting past a certain point. Notice the fringe ;0)


 I also cut and glued some paper this weekend. Not as much as I would have liked, but I'm just happy that Mo and Jo decided to play along. Here's my favourite one I created during the weekend. My dad cracks me up and I miss living close to him so we talk all the time. Sometimes I just call to hear his voice, no other reason. Daddy's are special.

"This picture doesn't fool me. You may see a grumpy old man, but I see the gentle, witty softie that is my dad." 



I made a birthday card this weekend too and had this crazy idea that when you pull the ribbon tab, the candle will blow out. It was a bit tricky as I had no clue how or what I was doing but I managed to pull it off. I'm not too pleased with the bottom as I got a little over zealous with the stickles. Oh well...

 

I would say that it was a very successful weekend. The gallery was smokin' all weekend long and many laughs and fun was had by all.
Now to clean up my messy desk before my cats do....

>^..^<

No comments: