Sunday, January 17, 2010

serving is sweet!


Maribel and I had to do a little shopping and she saw the Sculpey clay display and thought it was play dough. Well it's sort of like play dough. I promised her some cupcakes and I just couldn't help myself, I stayed up pretty late making these calorie free cupcake charms and naturally I couldn't stop there hee hee.



On another note, I received a new church calling last week and today was my first day "on the job" so to speak. You may or may not know that we do not  have a paid ministry so what ever calling we get is purely voluntary. So imagine my surprise when I was asked to serve in the Primary Presidency. *insert stunned smiley here*

As I sat there on the sides learning and observing, the Spirit of the Lord was so strong confirming to me that Primary is where He needs me to be. I love children, always have and always will and my love for our primary is great. Each child brings so much to our ward and how blessed I am to have them teach me the things I need to keep close to my soul. I assure you, they are teaching me as I do my best to bring them closer to our Heavenly Father.

Good thing I chose Prepare as my word for 2010. Now to brush up on my public speaking skills as I have to prepare a sharing time lesson...any tips on how to keep the attention of 3-11 year olds would be greatly appreciated.  *insert nervous laugh-but really freaked out smiley here...heh heh...heh...*

>^..^<

6 comments:

Suzanne said...

The cupcakes are the cutest things ever and you'll be awesome in Primary!!!!

Kirsten said...

Oh my, those are soo soooo cute! And Suzanne is right, you will do just fine!

Lisa and DJ said...

What a fun (and yes, big) calling. Good for you! Those cupcakes are the sweetest! (get it? ha ha)

Julie said...

Jenn you seriously have a talent with that clay.You need to start making them to sell as embellishments.

I too work with kids in our church.I find that they love object lessons.

Jen said...

OMG Jenn!! Those cupcakes are just the cutest things EVER!! And the cameras are pretty cute too!!

You'll do great in your calling. No fear.

Jared and Andrea said...

Girl, I know you're going to do great! Sunday was awesome. I am so excited. I love those cupcakes. You are so talented.