Sunday, May 31, 2009

The Liberty Bell And Other Yummy History Parts!

Day 4

My country,' tis of thee,
Sweet land of liberty, of thee I sing;
Land where my fathers died,
Land of the pilgrims' pride,
From every mountainside let freedom ring!

Ooooo excitement is in store for me today! I can feel it!


After checking out and packing our car, we headed downtown to see the Liberty Bell. We parked in an underground parkade and took the elevator up into the Liberty giftshop. I'm just so used to having to pay to see anything cool that I was pleasantly surprised to see that it was free to see the Liberty Bell.
Maribel liked the bell too. She said it was broken and when asked if they could fix it, she would reply, "No. Papa can't fix the Bell." Too cute.
It really is a site to see in real life.


We then headed over to the Independance Hall for a small tour and some education. Our guide was really chatty and chalked full of American history.



I love the grass here! Seriously! It's like walking on nice cool carpet. It felt great to have the grass between my toes. That's something I would never do down in FL. My princess feet can't take the razor sharp blades of grass plus we have fire ants and they reeeeeeeeeeeeeeeally hurt when they all decide to bite you at the same time! Anywho back to Philly!



After the tour, Jay asked one of the locals where the best place to get a Philly Cheese Steak would be. With a recommendation we headed over to Market and 3rd and had the best darned Philly cheese I had ever!!!


It even beat the one I had on Friday! I only wish I took a pic of it. Instead, here is a sign they had posted that had me chuckling and holding Maribel's had tighter all at the same time.


With full bellies and our bag of overpriced gifts from the giftshop, we got in our cars and made our way to Maryland to stay with Jay's brother Jim.

But first here are a couple pics of downtown Philly.



Off to DC tomorrow! YAY!!! I am beyond excited for DC! There's so much to see and so little time! Oh what to do! What to do!

No comments: