Saturday, May 30, 2009

The Wedding of All Weddings!

Day 3
The Wedding


Maribel and Joe were the first to wake up.
Nice and early.
And I mean nice and early.
Like 7am early.
I must speak to those two.
Seriously.

We all got ready early around 10ish and arrived at the Villanova's St Thomas chapel. Well as you can see, it's more like a cathedral. The stunning beauty and architecture really took my breath away.



The walkway leading up to the chapel was lined with these beautiful flowers.


I think this one is a Peony.


Maribel was getting a little restless so we tried to keep her occupied so she was scanning our programs under the marble Jesus statue. It was too cute to watch her pretend. When she saw the stained glass windows she asked Grandma where the monster was. Shrek has been her movie of choice the past few weeks, so it made sense. *giggle*

We told Maribel that she was seeing a princess today. She asked me every 5 minutes where the princess was so I had to tell her that she was getting dressed. Maribel then said, "Pincess is nakey. She need to get dessed." She then proceeded to tell everyone who was willing to listen. Too cute!


She started acting up so I we took her outside to let her settle down. As you can see it was a nap that she needed. Uncle Phill was so sweet and took her from my arms as they were ready to rot off from carrying her for 30 minutes.


This little guy is one of Joe's 2nd cousins and he is so stinkin' cute! I love the look on his face as he checks out his Uncle John. We think it was the mustache. LOL


I am so blessed to call these wonderful people my family! As miss Anna so often and sweetly reminds me, I had a choice. Well hunny, I'm so glad I chose well! ;0)




When Jolene came down the isle she was a beautiful princess. I couldn't get a decent photo inside so I had to wait outside for my chance. Just check out cousin David's smile! They really do make a beautiful couple!

I have to say that this wedding was one that I will remember for many years to come. Everything from the beautiful church, to the happily ever after couple to the stunning beauty of our Heavenly Father's creations, and finally the joy of being with family. I thought I would take one last look at the church before heading to the reception.


I love weddings! Now off to PARTY!!!

No comments: